Business and Workplace
Employee Relations, Manager/Employee Relations, and Partnership Mediation
We resolve business, workplace, and partnership disputes through a productive conversation process that restores trust, clears up misunderstandings, and gets results.
If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, you’re not alone:
- Has your partner been unusually impatient and irritated lately? Has she been less enthusiastic or engaged in her work? Are clients starting to complain about her dependability?
- Have you been noticing the recent formation of cliques at your workplace? Are you hearing employees exchange unusually hostile remarks?
- Do staff meetings seem more like griping sessions that are dispiriting and unproductive?
Welcome to the world of business and workplace conflict.
Conflicts in business relationships and at workplaces are unavoidable.
There are so many potential causes of conflict in business and workplace relationships. Think about it: Different temperaments or cultural influences, power struggles, miscommunications, vague or imprecise instructions, poorly defined roles and expectations… Recognize any of these?
Of course, most of us aren’t comfortable managing conflict. Conflict can be intimidating. It can also be unruly. And who among us has the tools to manage it when it’s unavoidable?
Here’s the deal: When business owners and managers fail to effectively address conflict, the conflict tends to increase, becoming toxic and resulting in low morale, reduced work quality, decreased productivity, increased absenteeism, grievances, and litigation—and finally, lost business and business opportunities, and other financial losses.
Allowing resentment and discontent to fester in a business or work relationship is not a good option.
Examples of business-related conflicts that I can help you with:
- Disputes between principals
- Management power struggles
- Disagreements over the direction of the business
- Breach of a verbal agreement
- Contract disputes with a partner, employee, business, or customer
- Conflicts with or among employees
- Partnership dissolution
Types of businesses that could benefit from mediation services:
- Art galleries
- Artists' organizations
- Family businesses
- Law firms
- Restaurant owners
- Store owners
Let's discuss how mediation can resolve business and workplace conflicts